[growisofs] : other clues about speed problem with PX-716A

Hi,

I reported earlier the speed problem with a PX-716A.

I made some new tests, using k3b/growisofs. This time, in k3b I used "Ignore" as speed selection (there is no -speed switch with the growisofs command) since growisofs displayed the drive would use 8.2X.
(see previous thread :
$ growisofs -Z /dev/hdc somefile
About to execute 'mkisofs somefiles | builtin_dd of=/dev/hdc obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/hdc: "Current Write Speed" is 8.2x1385KBps. )

However, it burnt the DVD+R at 12X once again.

I also tried with -speed=5, the only speed switch that made appear 8.2X:
/usr/bin/growisofs -Z /dev/hdc=/home/eric/test.iso -use-the-force-luke=notray -use-the-force-luke=tty -use-the-force-luke=dao -dvd-compat -speed=5 -overburn
Executing 'builtin_dd if=/home/eric/test.iso of=/dev/hdc obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/hdc: "Current Write Speed" is 8.2x1385KBps.

But this time, it burned the DVD+R at 4X actually.

So there is something weird: speed switch does not correspond to the "Current Write Speed" returned by the drive, but moreover, the real recording speed seems to be 4X or 12X, whatever is displayed,

I did not try yet with cdrecord if there is a discrepancy between the displayed selected speed and the actual speed.

Eric