Re: Speed problems with PX-716A

Geoffrey <esoteric@3times25.net> wrote:

> I think the main problem is that often times a user is using a tool,
> such as k3b to attempt to burn the cd/dvd and in doing so don't know the
> version of cdrecord is not the original.  Grant it, if you run the
> 'bastardized' version of cdrecord on the command line, you will see a
> message indicating as such.
>
> What they should do is make it very clear at install, that this version
> is not the original version.

And I did already mention several times that the cdrecord variant
with the DVD hack does no longer work properly for writing CDs.

So if e.g. k3b always use the hacked version, there will be hard to
catch bugs that would never ocur with the real cdrecord.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/