Re: [Dump-users] dump on CD (Linux only)

Joerg Schilling wrote:

jarausch@belgacom.net wrote:

On 26 Jul, Stelian Pop wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:45:26PM +0200, jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de wrote:

ftp://ftp.igpm.rwth-aachen.de/pub/jarausch/Dump_On_CD/dump-04b23CD.diff
This patch modifies dump.h, reminiscent from a previous patch but
unused now. Please remove it.

I don't think so. Currently in (04b23) restore is linked against ../common/dumprmt.o
and all global flags like Mflag are allocated THERE. So I have put
the new MultiFlag in dump.h so that it gets allocated there to.
Unfortunately the restore/Makefile doesn't check the dependeny of
../common/dumprmt.o on dump.h

I don't know why this is crossposted to cdrwite@

but incremental backups and restores in a OS and filesystem independent way should be possible with star.

I don't believe this discussion was about any backup methods but dump and restore. Different problem, different solution.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc