Re: Two wishes about growisofs

1) A working option -use-the-force-luke=noload (Please review my message
     http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2004/cdwrite/2004/11/msg00094.html
    Did i miss anything that's obvious ? )

It will be fixed.

2) A way to make raw writing via growisofs -Z /dev/...=/... ignore the size information of an ISO filesystem.

Well, as long as = is followed by /proc/self/fd/0 (as you report) volume size from volume descriptor is the best bet...

   My actual problem with that feature is with a redundant backup
   where 6 copies of a CD sized ISO image get written to a DVD.
   (So the first one can be mounted and the others can contribute
    spare blocks in case of deteriorating media.)

   It seems to work fine ... only when reaching the second ISO image
   growisofs issues messages like these :

      667779072/669980672 (99.7%) @2.0x, remaining 0:00
      676986880/669980672 (101.0%) @1.9x, remaining 0:-2
      686227456/669980672 (102.4%) @2.0x, remaining 0:-5
     2801860608/669980672 (418.2%) @2.0x, remaining -12:-49
     4021714944/669980672 (600.3%) @2.0x, remaining -20:-9

   which could make the user worry.
   I would prefer the same behavior as with images which do
   not look like an ISO at the start.

It uses media capacity as 100%... As volume size from volume descriptor makes perfect sense for most users/applications I would be a bit reluctant to just change the behaviour... What might make sense in this case is to fall down to media capacity if input breaks expected limit... A.