Re: Unbelievable slow speeds when burning DVDs

Unfortunately, this is a laptop and I can not change the IDE cables.
The good thing is that I burned a DVD with Cdrecord-ProDVD and the maximum
speed was 2.3x and the average speed was 2x. Now, I do not want to be greedy
here, but since the driver can burn up to 8x and the disc supports 16x, why
the speed remained at 2x.
I have a similar problem in Windows (Nero), where the speed is about ~4x, and
I am talking with the manufacturer about it.

Thank you,
Vasilis