unable to read some of a DVD contents

Hi there,

I've successfully burnt data (4 GB, around 10000 files) to a DVD.
I saw that all the files have been burnt to DVD with exact size.
However, I couldn't read some of the files (corrupted ?) and this happened randomly (i.e. I burnt another ten DVDs with the same contents and the corruptions happened on different files).

Here is the error message while copying the file (linux):
cd:reading /media/cdrecorder1/ares_apca_pref_0505202021111.zip Buffer I/O error.

and the message log output the following messages:
May 13 12:10:59  kernel: scsi6: ERROR on channel 0, id 0, lun 0, CDB: Read (10) 00 00 05 71 15 00 00 23 00
May 13 12:10:59  kernel: Current sr3: sense key Medium Error
May 13 12:10:59  kernel: Additional sense: Unrecovered read error
May 13 12:10:59  kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sr3, sector 1426516
May 13 12:10:59  kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sr3, logical block 356629

If I copy the file in a windows box it gives me a "cyclic redundancy error" message.

Below is the configuration of software and OS used:
1. OS  Linux 2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp
2. growisofs -  version 5.21
3. mkisofs 2.01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
4. burner - SONY DRU-700A (with latest firmware upgrade)

Following is the growisofs command used:
/usr/local/bin/growisofs -use-the-force-luke -v -iso-level 2 -pad -Z $g_device -R -J $buffer_path

I wonder if anyone out there can point me out what's going wrong here.

Thanks,
Kadir

This email contains confidential information. If you have received this
email in error, please delete it immediately, and inform us of the mistake
by return email. Any form of reproduction, or further dissemination of
this email is strictly prohibited.
Also, note that the opinions expressed in this email are those of the
author and are not necessarily those of the Fonterra Co-operative Group
Limited.
http://www.fonterra.com/