Re: How to interpret numeric error codes of growisofs?

Hi,

> When my "growisofs ..." command exists immediatly with error 133
> (or sometimes 144), what does it mean ?

Only guessing from
  fgrep exit dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8/* | less
i would suppose that exit values != 1 are issued via
macro FATAL_START which is defined in growisofs.c as :

  #define FATAL_START(err)        (0x80|(err))

The various exit points call it with error numbers.
Examples from growisofs.c :
   exit (FATAL_START(errno))
   exit(FATAL_START(EPERM));

According to that theory exit 133 means error number 5 and
exit 144 means error 16 as issued by the system.
Diving into the wonderful world of /usr/include/errno.h
i finally find in /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h :
  #define EIO              5      /* I/O error */
  #define EBUSY           16      /* Device or resource busy */

Well, "I/O error" does not tell much more than "133".
So probably you will have to find out the exit points where
you get thrown out and insert some fprintf(stderr,...) to
learn more about the incident that causes growisofs to abort.