Re: COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR when reading from pipe or stdin

Hi,

> cdrecord: Use tsize= option in SAO mode to specify track size.
>
> Obviously I can't specify tsize because I don't know ahead
> of time what the size will be.  So I have the same problem
> as with growisofs: I'm unable to stream data to cdrecord.

Not absolutely.

My trick to make cdrecord-ProDVD write on the fly is a bit
time expensive but it works.
I announce with  tsize=  the maximum size of the media
and pipe the data stream through a filter which pads
it up to that announced size.

Roughly like :

  format_data_stream | \
  count_and_pad_to_4700000000 | \
  cdrecord-ProDVD -sao tsize=4700000000 ... -

> > # tar cvf - /tmp | growisofs -Z /dev/scd0=/dev/fd/0
> That's what I wish I could do.  What causes the growisofs
> COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR when reading from a pipe or stdin?

The main difference to my growisofs pipes is that you use
"/dev/fd/0" where i use "/proc/self/fd/0" :

  growisofs -use-the-force-luke -dvd-compat \
            -Z /dev/scd0=/proc/self/fd/0

On my own system, "/dev/fd/0" would work, too. But there
have been complaints about it missing on some systems (and
also i think this address is too similar to /dev/fd0 :)).
Nevertheless, the error messages about "/dev/fd/0" problems
look completely different than yours.