Re: DVD-R double layer ?

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:
>
> > www.newegg.com has the DL writers (cheap) and the media ($24 ea last
>
> At Bloediamackt (Mediamarkt) 9.98 Euro.
>
> I hope you mean Canadian $ or something similar.

Thank you for the price update, it has come down to $12US + shipping since
I looked the last time. That's close enough to ten Euro to pretty much
match. The price is still too high, careful buying gets DVD-R 4.7GB blanks
down to $0.40US, so DL blanks at 20 times that aren't reasonable backup
media.

I suppose that if you were copying a movie DVD or something it would make
sense, but many DVDs are on sale for less than the blank, so even that
depends on the cost of just buying a copy.

I hope the price will come down eventually, backups are still an issue.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc