Re: DVD-R double layer ?

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

does anybody know if and when DVD writers for the -R format with double
layer capabilities appear on the market?

Thanks for a hint.
www.newegg.com has the DL writers (cheap) and the media ($24 ea last time I looked!). I also have one of the HD burners which can put 1.4GB on a standard CD (under Windows). cdrecord doesn't support it, and I lack the time and debugger to find out what vendor commands it uses to select that mode. It's cost effective to make the ISO images in a Windows partition, reboot, and do the burn. Unfortunately it's not time effective, so it was a proof of concept only.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc