Re: hidden file on an iso-image ?

Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> > There are plenty of possibilities to let the size of the
> > image file be > the size of the du output. One is a broken
> > du utility or a broken kernel.
>
> It's not just the du utility.
>
> I have burnt the image to a CD with recent cdrecord and
> there were no problems.
> When I mount the CD under Linux (2.4.27) I see some files
> (exactly those needed to install the software (Maple in this case)
>  under Linux)
>
> But when I access the same CD under Win2000 I see totally
> different files (excatly those one needs to install the software
> under Windows)

So maybe someone did use mkisofs and -hide-joliet...

> So the image size is nearly the sum of the sum of filesizes
> seen under Linux and Windows.
>
> > Did you try isoinfo?
>
> Yes, but it didn't help me, here is the
> output:
>
> isoinfo -debug -d -f -J -p -R -s -l -i maple9.51_su_win_mac_linux.iso
>
> CD-ROM is in ISO 9660 format
> System id: LINUX
> Volume id: MAPLE95
> Volume set id:
> Publisher id:
> Data preparer id:
> Application id: MKISOFS ISO 9660/HFS FILESYSTEM BUILDER & CDRECORD CD-R/DVD CREATOR (C) 1993 E.YOUNGDALE (C) 1997 J.PEARSON/J.SCHILLING
> Copyright File id:
> Abstract File id:
> Bibliographic File id:
> Volume set size is: 1
> Volume set sequence number is: 1
> Logical block size is: 2048
> Volume size is: 148416

So the size is OK (nearly 300 MB).
YOu could try to run  star -c -onull on the
mounted FS in order to check whether the du command gives you
the correct info.

You also may use "isodebug" to find the command line used to create the image
in case the image has been created with a binary compiled from the
official mkisofs source.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling