Re: Need help splitting a directory

_N4R3N_ wrote:

hi

I want to split a directory in to two sub directories

If my home dir is 1000 Mb I can't write it completely on one cd

So i want to split it in to two directories namely

1)naren.bak.1
2)naren.bak.2

so that my /home/naren directory will be split in to two temporary
directories ..

so that i can write the images of thus formed using "mkisofs ...."
on two cdroms

and afterwards i also need help how do i combine them again.

so that after copying two backup directories from the cdrom
naren.bak.1 and naren.bak.2 in to
/tmp directory I want to combine this two to make it again one directory say "naren" How do i do this
I won't say this is the best thing to do, but the simple solution is links. Create as many subdirectories as you need, filled with links to the appropriate files, then back up each to a CD.

I have some tools which help with this, but until I find time to get my ftp server back up I have no easy way to release them. I use that as motivation to get to rebuilding the server ;-)

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time