Re: lots of c2scan errors without ide-scsi

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 07:23:57PM +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > After reversing this patch, the c2scan works as expected.
>
> This is most unlikely.
>
> The patch should make the linux kernel behave as documented.
>
> Readcd just uses the standard code in libscg that fails completely
> if you hit the cause fot this patch as libscg just thinks that the driver
> is broken and does not continue with the old code.

Ok, I'll put "reading the libscg source" on my TODO list. ;-)

> Try to experiment with readcd's ts= option and make a bug report against
> the Linux kernel.... It looks like there is a DMA implementation bug in
> the Linux kernel if the DMA size has effects on the read data.

Up to ts=8k, it works. Larger values lead to increased
error rate up 128k. After that, the error rate stays constant.

Is there no way for applications to determine the maxmium value for the
DMA size?

Bye,
	Christoph