Re: Adding sessions kills DVD-R's

El Sábado, 2 de Octubre de 2004 17:17, Tyler Montbriand escribió:
> sidro Cachadiña Gutiérrez wrote:
> > Try to use ide-scsi and then mount the dvd.
>
> Translation:  Remove IDE CDROM support from your kernel and add SCSI cdrom
> support, compile ide-scsi as a module, append the option "hdc=scsi" to your
> new kernel boot options, then 'modprobe ide-scsi' and see if your IDE cdrom
> shows up as a SCSI one under cdrecord -scanbus.
>
> Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a37 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004
> Jörg Schilling
> cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.4-gentoo-r1
> cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
> cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
> Linux sg driver version: 3.5.30
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.

> It works for other DVDs and CDR/CDRWs, but if I try and mount the cdrom
> that wouldn't work before, it locks my system!  That's not exactly an
> improvement.  :)
>
> Now what?

Hi.  For me when I make a multisession DVD with data linux cannot read using
ide-cd but it can with ide-scsi.  I think you have an other problem thus
can't help you.
*                    Dr. Isidro Cachadiña Gutiérrez                       *
*                        Departamento de Física                           *
*                         Facultad de Ciencias                            *
*                      Universidad de Extremadura                         *
*                        06071  Badajoz ( SPAIN )                         *
*                         email: icacha@unex.es                           *
*    Teléfono: +34 924 289 300 Ext. 6826     Fax: +34 924 289 651   *
* Usuario Linux: 8569         *
* Para clave pública GnuPG: http://onsager.unex.es/firma.pub.asc          *