Re: dvd burning problem, dvd+rw-tools, LG GSA-4120B

Ronny Haryanto wrote:

  On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 12:50:58AM +1000, Ronny Haryanto wrote:

    :-[ WRITE@LBA=1a30a0h failed with SK=4h/ASC=09h/ACQ=01h]: Input/output error
builtin_dd: 1716384*2KB out @ average 3.8x1385KBps
:-( write failed: Input/output error
/dev/hdc: flushing cache
:-[ FLUSH CACHE failed with SK=4h/ASC=09h/ACQ=01h]: Input/output error
/dev/hdc: updating RMA
/dev/hdc: closing disc

Hmm. I checked the disc physically and saw a big scratch right where
the the last data was written.

I tried again with another media, and this time it worked until it
finished 100% and I checked all the files was working fine.

I'm almost certain it's the media now. Sorry for the noise, folks.
Hopefully somebody could benefit from my postings and not use the same
media (Mr.Data DVD-R 8x; CMC MAG. AE1) with LG GSA-4120B. I know I
won't buy CMC again.

I doubt any other media will work better with a "big scratch" and it's
unlikely to have been added in manufacturing. You may want to avoid
media with big scratches, and your firmware may be deficient, but I
don't think either of those indicates a general problem with CMC.
--
E. Robert Bogusta
  It seemed like a good idea at the time