Re: dvd+rw-tools on liteon drive

Have you tried dvd-cdrecord. Give that a try also.

Good luck

 csj> On 23. July 2004 at 8:11AM +1000,
 csj> Brad Plant <bplant@westnet.com.au> wrote:

 >> I have a liteon 812S dual format 8x dvd burner. I have found that
 >> when burning ritek 4x dvd-r, the discs get burnt at 8x resulting
 >> in errors. Also, the discs get burnt at 8x even when i specify to
 >> burn them at 2x, 4x or 8x. I use k3b, however I have also tested
 >> it on the command line.
 >>
 >> dvd+rw-format reports the following:

 csj> Shouldn't you be using dvd+rw-mediainfo?

 >> root : dvd+rw-format /dev/cdroms/cdrom1 * DVD¿?RW/-RAM format
 >> utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 4.10. :-( mounted media
 >> doesn't appear to be DVD¿?RW or DVD-RAM

 csj> $ dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/hdd INQUIRY: [LITE-ON ][DVDRW LDW-851S
 csj> ][GS08] GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION: :-( no media mounted,
 csj> exiting...

 >> This is as of version 5.20.4.10.8, however version 5.13.4.7.4
 >> would report that the disc was an 8x disc.
 >>
 >> following is a list of what the disc would get burnt at given
 >> different speed parameters: specified actual 1x 4x 2x 8x 4x 8x 8x
 >> 8x
 >>
 >> This is my second batch of ritek dvd-r. The first batch all burnt
 >> at 4x without any hassles. I think that was because the last batch
 >> of dvd-r were detected as 4x, not 8x.

 csj> I have yet to test version 5.20.4.10.8 on -R media, but I've
 csj> successfully burnt a +R yesterday using speed=1, which burnt the
 csj> +R at 2.5x.