Re: Questions about cdrtools-2.01a33

>From: scdbackup@gmx.net

>me > >  cdrecord: Future versions of cdrecord may have different drive dependent defaults.
>Joerg > RTFM

>I tried the new version, noticed the warnings, tried to learn
>on myself from the man pages and in the web, failed to find my answers,
>and then i asked. Politely enough, i thought.

>Joerg, your reply does not help me at all. I am in doubt it will help anybody
>else who looks into the archives of this mailing list. (Besides those who
>already know everything and are here only for a good laugh. Be invited, guys.)

I am sorry, but I did write this to the mailing list and in the
cdrtools source directory. I have no time to do again. If you don't read this,
you are lost.

>So, please, if anybody would point me to the spots in TFM where i could R,
>then i would be thankful. I would also be interested to learn about
>other people's opinions about what those texts might want to tell us.

>What interests me most :
>Will future default modes still allow piping of data into cdrecord ?

man cdrecord
man mkisofs

There are examples.....

The future plans have been published, so what is your problem?
If you are unwilling to live with long term plans for a interface migration,
I cannot help and then Linux is definitely not the right OS for you.

>What HZ value out of {100,1000} is preferable (if one is not willing
>to put in question the operating system itself) ?

Ask the Linux kernel trolls.

>> If you find bugs, send a report to the right people -> SuSe + Linus Torvalds.
>> I did 2 years ago....

>Joerg, if they do not react on you - do you think they'll react on me ?

I believe that not, just because they are trolls and do not learn from
input made by someone else.

They have no clue about programming techniques (Linus stopped learning at
university before he could learn about abstract methods..)

They tell you that that have a reason for doing it this way - if you ask them
to point you to a description, they don't answer anymore.

If you tell them why it should be done in a different way and try to
educate them, they tell you that they are not willing to read these explanations
because they know better.

Are they trolls?

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling