Re: FW: can't mount multi-session DVD-R

* Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se> [16/07/04 15:09]:

> >>See http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2004/06/msg00083.html. A.
> >
> >Thanks, I missed it somehow, sorry. I see that it's in the kernel
> >Bugzilla, bug #1930. I used the ide-scsi module, and I've got it
> >mounted, but the files are corrupted. It appears that small files remain
> >ok, but larger files appear truncated. The smallest file where this
> >happened was about 33M, and is truncated to about 840k. It really is
> >truncated: The data is the same as the initial part of the original
> >file. On windows I do see the files correctly.
>
> Sound like 'cruft' option is engaged. Quoting mount(8) manual page "...
> [cruft option] implies that a file cannot be larger than 16MB." Unless
> you specify it in mount command line, it most likely gets auto-engaged
> in your case on files larger than 2G-1 bytes. As for 2GB isofs
> limitation see http://lists.debian.org/cdwrite/2003/12/msg00101.html.

Thanks! that was it, and I finally managed to mount the dvd correctly.
However, I didn't find a way to disable the cruft thing via mount
options. I only managed to find a kernel patch that disables it. It's
in: http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/6/24/170 . Anyway, thanks alot.

> >The udf discs are still unmountable.
>
> Forget udf discs. UDF and multi-sessioning is "no go," not with mkisofs.
> As you can see yourself, the result is unexpected. A.

Ok, but it appears that the burning part actually works, since I see it
correctly on windows.

Moshe