Re: cdrecord problems with TDK 440n DVD+/-rw

> Looks like you have another unfriendly application running that
> tries simultanous access to the drive :-(
>
> Jrg

Ok, I tried exiting out of all programs I could (stopping just about
every service, getting out of X, etc.) ps -A shows only pretty minimal
processes running, though I can show the list if you want.  I also tried
umounting and rmmoding supermount, lsof | grep cdrom  doesn't show
anything, but I'm still having this problem.  There's a couple minutes
of hang time before cdrecord: faio_wait_on_buffer for writer timed out.
finally shows up, any other ideas? btw, this is an smp system just in
case that ends up mattering... -Dan

-Dan "OverrideX"-
ICQ: 7171522
AIM: OverrideX
Jabber: OverrideX@jabber.org

Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around us in
awareness. -- James Thurber