Re: Writing DVDs on Sony DRU-500A

>From: spamtree@comcast.net (A. P. Kennedy)

>I had a long thread about this drive in this mail list archive. There
>are some issues but never could get to the bottom of the problem.

>This drive works fine when setup with the obsolete ide-scsi driver,
>and cdrecord.prodvd. growisofs will write discs , but sometimes will
>not finalize discs, but the discs can be finalized with
>cdrecord.prodvd.

>So it a nutshell take a look at

The best advise for him is to use cdrecord as documented in the man page and
not to experiment with manually fiddling with the drivers.

If he would let cdrecord decide what to do, it would at least be possible to
see what's happening.......

OTOS, it os well known that the DRU-500A does not all media with old firmware.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling
.,