Re: Best way to write DVD+R?

Joerg Schilling wrote:

From: csj@gmx.co.uk

The same command as above

Note that with dev=ATAPI: you will never get DMA and writing
is soooo slow.
I thought that had been fixed, I would swear that cdrecord uses
DMA with ATAPI and 2.6 kernels. Now I have to go back and
check, I replaced the CD-R drive with an unsupported DVD unit
which doesn't work with anything.

I'm a bit confused myself.  The documentation isn't too clear
about the difference between dev=ATA and dev=ATAPI.  I tend to
use dev=ATA with linux 2.6.

This is the general problem with Linux :-(

They invent a new incompatible interface every even year....

If you have problems, ask the Linux kernel people.

How would the kernel people know what your software does. to restate, cdrecord seems to use DMA with 2.6, write audio very fast with little or no CPU use. Does pro-dvd also use DMA? That's a yes/no question, although any clarification would be useful.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time