Re: Best way to write DVD+R?

Joerg Schilling wrote:

From: Gregoire Favre <Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch>

Normally, I use this script to write my DVD (video):

#!/bin/tcsh

setenv SIZE `mkisofs -dvd-video -f -q -print-size -V $1 $2`
setenv CDR_SECURITY "8:d ... "
mkisofs -dvd-video -f -V $1 $2 | cdrecord-prodvd -v dev=ATAPI:0,0,0 fs=64m speed=1 -eject -dao tsize={$SIZE}s -

(I am running kernel 2.6.5-mm6)

What should I do to use the DVD+R and become a maximum DVD video
compatibility?

The same command as above

Note that with dev=ATAPI: you will never get DMA and writing is soooo slow.

I thought that had been fixed, I would swear that cdrecord uses DMA with ATAPI and 2.6 kernels. Now I have to go back and check, I replaced the CD-R drive with an unsupported DVD unit which doesn't work with anything.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time