Re: Setting booktype on BTC 100[48] drives

> > First of all can you confirm that this actually affects
> > DVD-dash recordings as well?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by your first sentence. You can set the
> book type for DVD-RW media to DVD-ROM.

I wondered if booktype settings apply to both DVD- and DVD+, or DVD+
only. Given the dvd+rw-mediainfo output you provided, the answer is
both. I just wanted to be sure, that's all.

> It does seem to restrict the book type depending on the current media.
> At least, when I try to change DVD+RW media to DVD-RW book, it gives
> me an error:

Perfect.

> # scsi -f /dev/rcd1c -c 'fa 00 32 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 aa ff'

Could you try scsi -f /dev/rcd1c -c 'fa 00 32 00 00 00 00 00 00 00'? As
already mentioned the command seems to be 10 bytes long, 'aa ff' appears
rather as dummy padding than meaningfull part of the command.

I also wonder if you can try 'fa 00 32 00 01 00 00 00 00 00'?

> The "-s 3" option sets the timeout to 3 seconds. Sometimes it
> takes a few seconds to return; other times it returns immediately.
> However, even when it does return immediately, the drive may still be
> writing to the media and will reject additional commands with ASC/ASCQ
> 04/08 (LUN not ready, long write in progress).

Perfect. A.