Re: growisofs with ND-1300A problems: write failed:Input/outputerror

> * growisofs by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 5.17
>
> Then I could verify that my RW media still works!
>
> I then tested Verbatime DVD+R DataLifePlus:
>
> growisofs -speed=1 -Z /dev/scd0 -dvd-video dvd
> :-[ WRITE@LBA=10h failed with SK=5h/ASC=21h/ACQ=02h]: Input/output error

This perfectly agrees with other reports when some kind of automounting
facility was involved. "This" means "NEC unit, DVD+RW works, DVD+R fails
at LBA=10h." So keep looking. Once again, autofs is not the *only*
suspect. If you run GNOME, look for magicdev, if KDE - Autorun. As for
KDE, another user reports as following:

"... I disabled "autorun" in KDE (I guess this is analogous to magicdev
in GNOME) by moving the file ~/.kde/Autostart/Autorun.desktop down a
directory (outside of the Autostart directory), and everything is
working great."

> New test with Philips DVD+R media:
> And finaly Verbatime DVD-R DataLifePlus:
> dma has been on but I could not see any impact on the Input/output error
> before!

It's not a media or DMA issue. Does CD-ROM or CD-Audio media get
mounted/played automatically upon load? If yes, which program is
reponsible for making it happen? How do I prevent this program from
doing that? Note that these are the questions you should ask yourself,
as it's your system. A.