Re: permissions denied when using k3b

Joerg Schilling wrote:
From: Geoffrey <esoteric@3times25.net>

I'm curious as to if anyone has found a reasonable solution to
problems with the various gui interfaces running as a non-root user
when cdrecord is the chosen tool?

I've tried setting permissions on the device, setuid bit and sudo,
to no avail.  cdrecord always exists because of permissions.

There is an official way to do this -----> see man cdrecord

I tried this and it did not work. What does work is using sudo with the proper configuration (NOPASSWD for select users).