Re: CD/DVD writing on IRIX6.5

On Tue 16 March 2004 02:03, Ashish Rangole wrote:
> I have a SGI IRIX 6.5 system with external DVD writer capable of
> burning DVD+RW and DVD-RW media. This device is connected as SCSI
> device through a SCSI HBA.
>
> I would like to know what software is available if I want to :-
> 1. Write CD-R,DVD-R
> 2. Optionally also write DVD+R,DVD+RW, with incremental writes.
>
> I understand that there are tools available to do this on Linux
> but not so sure about IRIX 6.5. Any response shall be greatly
> appreciated.

Well, basically for writing CDs on UNIX there is cdrecord, which
works on just about any OS you can think of. See README.sgi in the
source distribution as well.

For DVDs, there is cdrecord-ProDVD which is a (non-GPL but free as
in beer for noncommercial use) version of cdrecord that can also
burn DVDs, and there is Andy's growisofs. I'm not sure if that
works on IRIX though, but you can always try.

cdrecord:
http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/glone/employees/joerg.schilling/private/cdrecord.html

growisofs:
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/