Re: growisofs hangs on DD0203

> Hmmmm, maybe it's my drive. Now, when I put in either of my two DVD+RW
> in, the busy light stays on for a while (5 minutes or so), and during
> that time I can't get any info on the DVD:
>
> dtessier@hobbes media $ dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/dvd
> INQUIRY:                [OPTORITE][DVD RW DD0203   ][2.30]
> :-[ READ DVD STRUCTURE#0 failed with SK=2h/ASC=04h/ACQ=01h]: Resource temporarily unavailable
> :-[ READ DVD STRUCTURE#0 failed with SK=2h/ASC=30h/ACQ=00h]: Wrong medium type

The user who contributed information about Optorite unit to
http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/hcn.html had another unit of
different brand in his disposal and as far as I understand pre-formatted
DVD+RW blanks there. I mean there is a chance that you really have to
strictly adhere to recommendations on hcn.html.

> Sigh... Maybe it's time to look for another drive...

I can only tell that you're not the first one to feel that way... A.