Re: UDF writing in kernel 2.6

On 28. January 2004 at 10:02AM -0600,
Ramasubramanian Ramesh <rramesh@ti.com> wrote:

>    I asked this in debian-user and got no answer so I thought
> this is a better place. How do I get udf writing working in
> kernel 2.6? I have udftools installed. However when I try a
> pktsetup, it complains that the kernel does not have pkcdvd
> device. What menu option/patch do I have to get/apply to get
> these devices to appear in the kernel?

You need to use an unofficial (as in "this might be dangerous")
kernel patch:

http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340/patches/packet/

Not too long ago I was subscribed to a mailing list hosted by
SuSE:

packet-writing@suse.com

I don't know if the list is still active or if it accepts posts
from non-members.  I do remember giving up on kernel-level packet
writing because I can't get satisfactorily error-free burns.  I
think something like growisofs for CDRs would be nice.