Re: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

> I just did run a test that verifies that the 708 in fact returns 36 bytes.
> So the problem is definitely caused by a Linux driver bug.
>
> I tend to believe that growisofs just does not check the SCSI status
> byte

Quoting myself. "Under Linux kernel 2.4 growisofs counts on sr_mod to
check the status byte." Clarifying note. Under 2.4 growisofs counts on
sr_mod to check the status byte and terminate corresponding ioctl with
error code. Does growisofs check for return value? Yes.

> and for this reason is not aware of the problem.

Quoting myself. "There is no reason whatsoever to believe that sr_mod
doesn't do the job, because if it didn't, growisofs would hardly work at
all, not even with IDE units." A.