Re: Re: Re: plextor px-708uf: cannot get disk type

> I assume "Yes" was the answer to "have to do this by hand"?  Ugh.

Correct, sorry. It's not possible to say in one sentence how to do this,
and I don't know of any howto. Don't do it again... You could look at
files with about the same timestamp and delete those after venturing a
guess whether they came from that package. You could install again into
/tmp/somedir and see which files it installs, then delete those from
/usr/local.
========
Volker, thanks for this.  Actually, I have already done this, also by
accident, since the make file puts the installation in /opt something,
unless you tell it not to.

Actually, what I meant was, how do you make an RPM?  Your question made it
sound like this would have been the normal thing to do.  Unless I can find
an RPM, I usually just compile and install packages (like cdrtools).  A
quick look at pages from Google "RPM HOWTO" makes it seem kind of difficult
(by my standards).

On the other hand, I now see that it is possible to find a source rpm of the
latest cdrtools on rpmfind.net.  It was posted January 16, the same day I
installed from the tar package.  Oh well...

Thanks,
Tom