Re: cdrtools-2.01a22 ready

>From: Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se>

Let us make it short .....

>OK, I've just compiled second star binary. I mean I've had one compiled
>under 2.4 (left from Dec 2002, when you posted request for help with
>mkisofs -dvd-video:-), so I've compiled one under 2.6 too... Well, I
>can't confirm your experience, as archive files produced by both
>binaries are identical and they both cross-extract correctly. I
>therefore have no other choice, but to challenge your proof:-) But see
>even below!!!

You did just prove that there is a difference between an attempt for a test
and a real test!

Try to unpack and verify this archive:

begin 644 cdev.tar.bz2
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/P5VD#B+N2*<*$AHWOE+@

end

by using an star compiled on Linux-2.4

If you like to do real tests, you need to know _how_ to test.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling