Re: OpenSource alternatives for cdrecord.prodvd?

Greetings

Warning: This post contains humour and irony marked by ";)". Please don't take
it seriuos...thanks.

On monday, january 5th 2004 Joerg Schilling wrote:

> From: Jan =?iso-8859-15?q?L=FChr?= <jluehr@gmx.net>
>
> >trustworthy is quite a relativ word and can be interpreted in many ways.
> >Anyway I don't trust trusted computing (TCPA), either.
> >
> >Non OpenSource programs are kess trustworthy for me, as far as they came
> > in touch with senstiv data.
>
> You cannot use the same ratings for everything....
> You need to take into account who the "maker" is and under what
> constrainst a piece of software is made and tested.

Well - as long as I don't have the ressource to intiate a private invesgation
on each developer I'm forced to use the same ratings on everyone. ;)
I - in fact - see no reason to trust or mistrust anyone of those without
making personal experiences with them. Sadly, I cannot rate the trustworhy of
someone just by looking at his homepage or programs.

> I trust Solaris more than Linux and I trust Linux more than Microsoft.

Solaris I an operating system suite, Linux a Kernel of an os, Microsoft a
company.
Have you ever thought of comparing compareable items? ;)

To be honest, I personally see now reason to mistrust Alan, Linus and his crew
more or less than the Sun crew. But I absolutly mistrust companies how try to
spy me ;)

If you decide to trust Sun more than open source products it is you decsion
and I respect it.
Whether open source is more trusthworthy or not are one of the flamewars
runnig in every community, group or whatssoever from time to time, but I
don't think, that we shall bore the readers of this list with these kinds of
religous wars ;)

Anyway - to go back the topic (at least one step ;) - I'd like to know you
opinion how vcdimager violates the "Urheberrecht" (German version of the
Copyright or DMCA ;) (which passages exactly). This might be interesting for
German readers using or planing to use it.

I (personally) also would like to know, why you haven't sued suse if they are
vialotating the GPL by using a non marked modified version of your programs
or which § are you talking about?

Keep smiling
yanosz