Re: dvd+rw tools wont burn my DVD-R(W) discs

> dvd+rw-mediainfo output:
> INQUIRY:                [_NEC    ][DVD_RW ND-1300A ][1.08]
> GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
>  Mounted Media:         14h, DVD-RW Sequential
>  Media ID:              MCC 01RW11n9

Most commonly Media ID line is followed by "Write Speed" values...

> GET PERFORMANCE:

The fact that no "Write Speed" descriptors were printed above, prior GET
PERFORMANCE line, must mean that they were recognized as CD-R[W]
descriptors, i.e. those describing velocities available when you attempt
to burn CD, not DVD...

> growisofs
> -----------------------
> /dev/sr0: engaging DVD-RW DAO upon user request...
> :-[ Failed to change write speed: 2822->2704

So 2822 must be a CD descriptor, which has no mening in DVD context,
which in turn is surely is the cause for the trouble... I'll look into
it and will [attempt to] address this deficiency in next dvd+rw-tools
update. Meanwhile you should be able to use dvd+rw-tools-5.13.x, as it
won't try to adjust the speed in this particular situation, burning 2x
DVD-media with K3b in NEC 1300 unit. If you weren't using K3b, then you
would have an extra option to not to pass -speed option and let firmware
pick velocity for you. Cheers. A.