Re: DVD Writing

Hi,

> I've loaded the current DVD+RW-TOOLS package from Redhat and am using:
>  growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/cdrom -r -J mytarfile.tar
> to write the required tar to the DVD. All works fine from the command
> line but running under cron the command fails as it finds an existing
> ISO9660 file system and wont automatically overwrite it.

I got no such trouble.
The differences in my and your usage of growisofs seem to be :

- I use option  -use-the-force-luke

- I run  mkisofs  and  growisofs  separately in a pipe :

    mkisofs ... | \
    growisofs -use-the-force-luke -dvd-compat \
              -Z /dev/sr0=/proc/self/fd/0

About cron : the shell environments used by cron often lack
important variables. If you find no other reason for growisofs'
refusal, maybe you put it into a script and prepend the full
output of command env executed in a dialog shell.