Re: how to manipulate amount of "pad" ???

Steven A. DuChene píše v čt 09. 12. 2004 v 15:34 -0500:

> I have a set of video files that form a DVD image.
> I.E. foe instance:
>
> VIDEO_TS.BUP
> VIDEO_TS.IFO
> VIDEO_TS.VOB
> VTS_01_0.BUP
> VTS_01_0.IFO
> VTS_01_0.VOB
> VTS_01_1.VOB
> VTS_01_3.VOB
> VTS_01_4.VOB
> VTS_02_0.BUP
> VTS_02_0.IFO
> VTS_02_0.VOB
> VTS_02_1.VOB
> VTS_02_2.VOB
>
> Now collectively these files are 3.9Gb in size which should fit on
> a single ayer 4.7Gb DVD media just fine but when I try to burn
> it to disk using growisofs I get the following error:
>
> growisofs -v -Z /dev/scd1 -speed=4 -dvd-video videos/wdibc2/
> Executing 'mkisofs -v -dvd-video videos/wdibc2/ | builtin_dd of=/dev/scd1 obs=32k seek=0'
> mkisofs 2.01a17 (i686-suse-linux)
> Scanning videos/wdibc2/
> Scanning videos/wdibc2/VIDEO_TS
> Scanning videos/wdibc2/AUDIO_TS
> The pad was 1147114 for file VTS_01_1.VOB

Uuuha, that's a lot!

> Writing:   Initial Padbock                         Start Block 0
> Done with: Initial Padbock                         Block(s)    16
> Writing:   Primary Volume Descriptor               Start Block 16
> Done with: Primary Volume Descriptor               Block(s)    1
> Writing:   End Volume Descriptor                   Start Block 17
> Done with: End Volume Descriptor                   Block(s)    1
> Writing:   UDF volume recognition area             Start Block 18
> Done with: UDF volume recognition area             Block(s)    3
> Writing:   Version block                           Start Block 21
> Done with: Version block                           Block(s)    1
> Writing:   UDF pad to sector 32                    Start Block 22
> Done with: UDF pad to sector 32                    Block(s)    10
> Writing:   UDF main seq                            Start Block 32
> :-( /dev/scd1: 2295104 blocks are free, 2908831 to be written
> :-( write failed: No space left on device
>
> Now I have tried creating an ISO but that ends up being 5.3Gb in size.
> I have done some research on the pad size and the *.IFO files
> but it seems to be a VERY complex subject that looks like it requires
> some additional tools (all Windows based probably) to manilpulate the
> pad size. Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Is there a way
> to fix this? Can it be done with any Linux based tools or am I stuck
> trying to somehow find the appropriate tools on a Windows box?

Quick and dirty: get wine, get IfoEdit, start IfoEdit, load any IFO,
click Get VTS Sectors button.

I'm not aware of any native tool with IfoEdit's feature set.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
What do we know about love? Love is like a pear. Pear is sweet and have