Re: Underruns on Audio CD Burns

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:11:29 -0500
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

> I have an interesting problem burning one CD, I keep getting
> underruns.

You only mentioned *AUDIO* CD in the subject. audio CD's do not have
sectors of 2048 bytes but somewhat longer. It seems ide-scsi can't
handle this nonstandard sector size while using DMA. So while burning
data CD's you've got the DMA support and with audio you won't have it.

The way around I know is to get a recent cdrecord which supports
ATA/ATAPI interface and run the burner as IDE (not ide-scsi).
"cdrecord -dev=ATA: -scanbus" should bring up the available device
numbers. cdrecord documentation (man page *and* README's coming along
with cdrecord source) should cover this topic.

K.-H.