Re: Re: Strange multisession DVD+R behaviour after closing the disc

First of all, thanks for your reply.

> The disc is in "complete" state, there is nothing you can do, but to
> remaster new one. -oloop works presumably because by specifying it you
> effectively bypass multi-sessioning code in kernel. -osession=1 should
> do the trick as well...
You are right, also -osession=0 (not 1) does the the trick. Now I remember
that I have read somewhere that a cd-rom (or dvd-rom) backed loop device can
only recognize the first session.

 > > INQUIRY:                [TSSTcorp][CD/DVDW TS-H552B][TS04]
> > READ DISC INFORMATION:
> >  Disc status:           complete
> >  Number of Sessions:    2
> >  State of Last Session: complete
> >  Number of Tracks:      2
> > READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
> >  Track State:           invisible
> >  Track Start Address:   0*2KB
> >  Free Blocks:           0*2KB
> >  Track Size:            2053344*2KB
> >  ROM Compatibility LBA: 265696
> > READ TRACK INFORMATION[#2]:
> >  Track State:           invisible
> >  Track Start Address:   2055392*2KB
> >  Free Blocks:           0*2KB
> >  Track Size:            4294967232*2KB
>
> Note essentially bogus value in the last Track Size.
Where can I find information/documentation to interpret the output of
dvd+rw-mediainfo?

> I would *guess*
> that Pinnacly simply issues "Finalize disk" command to recorder, without
> copying volume descriptor or padding the last session. Apparenly Windows
> is OK with this... A.
Everything is possible with Windows :-). Out of pure curiosity, Windows
recognizes the size of the disk as 4205248512 bytes, while Nero Burning Rom
6.6 shows, in the disk info dialogue window, this information:

Session 01 (8025 MB)   <-- (strange, because the disc is a single layer DVD+R)
    track01: 0 4106688 KB      ISO 9660/Joliet (mode 1)
    track01: 0 4110656 KB      ISO 9660/Joliet (mode 1)

Regards,
        Mirco Lorenzoni