Re: DVD-R readback error on SONY DRU510A

>   I just wrote two DVD-R  (supposedly TDK, but who knows) discs with
> 4.3Gb data. The files on both discs differ slightly from the originals
> (4-5 places), not at the same place. Any known issues with my version of
> software/hardware?
>
> Command line was: growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd -R -J /data/DVD

>   Vendor: SONY      Model: DVD RW DRU-510A   Rev: 1.0d

I think the burner doesn't handle that media properly. AFAICT the Sony
510 isn't so hot when it comes to compatibility with a lot of different
media. Unless the drive's defective, your only solution would be to
change media type. You could also check for newer firmware and load
that if there is.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.