Re: dvd+rw-tools Write Error

> I have no problem with HP dvd+rw 4.7GB (1x/2x) disc.
> But I came into this problem with new Memorex DVD+RW 4.7 Gb discs.
> I am using dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8 and Polaroid DVD Drive.

> /dev/scd0: pre-formatting blank DVD+RW...
> /dev/scd0: "Current Write Speed" is 1.0x1385KBps.
> :-[ WRITE@LBA=0h failed with SK=5h/ASC=30h/ACQ=06h]: Input/output error
> :-( media is not formatted or unsupported.
> :-( write failed: Input/output error

Looks to me like your new media simply isn't compatible with your drive,
based on the fact the the previous brand of media works and that the
error occurs as soon as you actually start writing. Simple fix: use
media which works with your burner.

However I don't know what all the funny numbers in your other output
mean, they could be telling a different story.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.