Re: dvd+rw-tools-5.20.4.10.8: File is too large

>From: scdbackup@gmx.net

>I am looking for a way to avoid the temporary copies of piece 1
>and 2 on hard disk. But i still want to be able to give mkisofs
>a lot of other pathspecs (i.e. the fill up directories).
>That's why i think, i cannot use mkisofs -stream-media-size
>or Paul Serice's flyisofs.

"mkisofs -stream-media-size" has been designed to be used together with
something like "star -tsize=700m -multivol -dump ... "

>So my idea is to have some special option or form of pathspec
>which allows me to let mkisofs cut the 2047 MB pieces out of
>the original file directly. It would need to get fileaddress,
>start byte and byte count (or end byte). It would have to
>allow a target address with -graft-points. It would have to
>be legal that it occurs more than once in the argument list
>of a mkisofs run.
>Of course, mkisofs should not need extra buffer space on
>the hard disk for this.

>If there is such a possibility with mkisofs, i politely ask
>you to point me to it. I've tried hard to find it myself.
>An example would be helpful.

I see no benefit from this idea:

If you use star -tsize=700m -multivol, splitting _and_ reassembly
of the file is handled by star automatically and does not force
you to do strange things by hand.

If you try to use mkisofs to be used to auto-split large files, then
it still doesn't handle reassembly.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling