Re: Questions about cdrtools-2.01a33

> ... At least SG interface expects 100 [on IA-32] and
> explicitly scales it to 1000 for internal purposes.

So that would apply to the call  ioctl(f, SG_SET_TIMEOUT, &tmo)
in cdrtools-2.01/libscg/scsi-linux-sg.c ?
(At least macro __KERNEL__ is quite rare in cdrtools)

You convinced me. 100 is the better guess as long as there is no evidence
for the contrary. I'll recompile. Thanks for your advice.
(If it crashes, i'll come here and cry publicly - but won't blame you.)

> On Alpha for example HZ exposed to user-land is 1024.

I'd take any value as long as it is consistent over system components.
I would prefer if cdrtools could find HZ without my manual interference and
of course, on a new system i will again start with original cdrtools and
not with any hacklet.

> ... User-land application should stick to
> whatever kernel expect them to stick to. Period.

In principle, i agree. But what about things like adjtimex() not working at
all when i combined man-page information with userland HZ ?
If i don't want to live with a clock which is a bit too fast then i have to
tweak the local rules so they allow me to slow that clock down from time to
time. I try to keep those tweaks encapsulated and strictly local.