Re: Layer Break positioning in DL DVD-Video recordings

>From: Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se>

>Well, I must have omitted -p when making reference copy of write.c. My
>'md5sum ./mkisofs/write.c.orig' is 9dbbf9db225d6e2fc5ef5545d8851540 and

gmd5sum write.c
9dbbf9db225d6e2fc5ef5545d8851540  write.c

correct.

>I bet the copy you're referring to has the same. Once again, the main
>idea behind this initial submission is to have public audit, test and
>iron the framework code. So I'd really rather discuss technical issues
>than checksums:-)

Well, there are a lot of people who start modifying outdated versions,
inofficial hacks (from RedHat, SuSE or Debian) or even start on hacks they
did on their own. If the time stamp is the only verification for correctness, I
have to use it.

First Impression: dvd_align.c is empty....

Second: It compiles ;-)

For the rest, I'll have to check and need more time....

>> BTW: as cdrtools-2.01a34 is the first release candidat for 2.01-final,
>> it is impossible to include similar changes now.
>>
>> Jörg

>Then I suppose I have to maintain the patch on my page... A.

Times are changing. It will look different in september

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
To give us a start, please use "Cstyle" to verify indentation....

Cstyle -v write.c
write.c: 539: space or tab at end of line
static  char blk[SECTOR_SIZE];  /* place it in .bss */
write.c: 557: comma or semicolon followed by non-blank
                        comerrno(EX_BAD,"Fatal goof - out of sync extent for
'%s'\n",
write.c: 560: comma or semicolon followed by non-blank
                        fprintf(stderr,"Fatal goof - out of sync extent for
'%s'\n",
write.c: 565: else and right brace should be on same line
                }
                else if (dwpnt->extent > last_extent_written) {
write.c: 566: missing space around assignment operator
                        unsigned int i=last_extent_written;
write.c: 569: comma or semicolon followed by non-blank
                                xfwrite (blk,sizeof(blk),1,outfile,0,FALSE);
write.c: 569: missing space between keyword and paren
                                xfwrite (blk,sizeof(blk),1,outfile,0,FALSE);
write.c: 569: extra space between function name and left paren
                                xfwrite (blk,sizeof(blk),1,outfile,0,FALSE);
write.c: 959: missing space around assignment operator
        int                     dvd_video_align=dvd_video;
write.c: 1012: comma or semicolon followed by non-blank
                        if (!strcmp(dwpnt->name+len-21,"VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO")
&&
write.c: 1012: don't use boolean ! with comparison functions
                        if (!strcmp(dwpnt->name+len-21,"VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO")
&&
write.c: 1013: missing space around relational operator
                            (len==21 || dwpnt->name[len-22]=='/')) {
write.c: 1014: missing space around assignment operator
                                dvd_video_align=0;
write.c: 1016: comma or semicolon followed by non-blank
                                align = DVDLayerAlignment
(dwpnt->name,start_extent,last_extent);
write.c: 1016: extra space between function name and left paren
                                align = DVDLayerAlignment
(dwpnt->name,start_extent,last_extent);
write.c: 2303: comma or semicolon preceded by blank
                ;       /* EMPTY */

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling