Re: Calculating size of iso image

Dear Folks,

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 12:58:08PM +0200, scdbackup@gmx.net wrote:
> > stat each file and directory
> > round the size of each up to 4096, add to the running total
> > stop adding files to the pathlist when I reach 4.7 * 10^9 - 4 * 10^6
>
> You are aware that mkisofs does accept whole directories ?
> It is not necessary to mention every single file.

Yes, but the algorithm for continuing the directory onto the next DVD
is more complicated than simply writing one 'graft-point'ed pathspec
entry for each file.  I found that skipping writing the directories
(but including their size) makes my program much simpler, with 166
lines of code so far.

The reason it works is that -graft-points does not care if the
directory you specify does not exist; mkisofs just creates the
directory.
--
Nick Urbanik   RHCE                               nicku(at)vtc.edu.hk
Proud member of the Dept. of Information & Communications Technology,