DL DVD burners

Here's another similar add, different vendor. Sure looks as if they are claiming D/L burn capability. Or is "Supported Double Layer DVD+R9 Recording Function" some little-known mode which is called double layer but isn't? Does anyone else read this as stating that it does D/L burn?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=27-106-952&DEPA=0 <http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=27-106-952&DEPA=0>

I'm still trying to find a Windows machine to try the 8.5GB mode of the Optorite I bought, although someone suggested that the wording of the ad might mean that it reads D/L and write 8.5GB using the HD-BURN capability.

--

bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc