Re: dvdrtools and dvd+rw-tools problems and suggestions

After spending some time with Google, I decided my best bet was to try
growisofs from the dvd+rw-tools package.  Unfortunately, this quit with
a "Not an MMC unit" error...which baffled me since my DVR-A04 is among
the drives listed as MMC compliant on the dvd+rw-tools homepage.

Please keep in mind that most of information appearing on dvd+rw-tools page regarding particular model support is based on user feedback. DVR-A04 was reported by somebody as working [after DVR-A05 actually].

Is that the same unit as the
 Vendor: PIONEER  Model: DVD-RW  DVR-104  Rev: 1.40
if memory serves.

DVR-A04 is just an "emballage" description for DVR-104. The question is spinning rather around "Rev: 1.40" part, than letter or digit following "DVR-." A.