Re: DVD burning problem Plextor PX-708A using xcdroast cdrecord.prodvd

On Thu 3 June 2004 01:33, martin laurberg wrote:
> Dear All,
> Has anyone got a Plextor PX-708A working under linux?
> I followed the Thomas Chungs instructions on
> http://www.xcdroast.org/ for using xcdroast with
> cdrecord.ProDVD but without success. The plextor takes
> both DVD-R and DVD+R. I tried dvd burning of a 4.2 GB
> iso-image on DVD-R media, both as normal user and as
> root (from 1x to 4x speed).
> I guess the essential error is an illegal writing
> request to the drive
> Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints,
>
> Martin
>
> System: Redhat 8.0.

Check to see if you don't have either magicdev (used with GNOME) or
automount (for KDE) installed. These are Red Hat programs that
attempt to autostart a CD when you insert it. Unfortunately, this
interferes with the burning process.

Try removing these programs (there's no real use for them anyway)
and try again.

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key