Re: Linux Kernel Patch to Fix 4GB Inode Problem

Joerg Schilling wrote:

From: Paul Serice <paul@serice.net>

I hope that you know that this patch does not work correctly.  I
hope it is not integrated into Linux.....

The patch passed the tests I could think to run on it.  It was
supposed to start being looked at by the seasoned developers
yesterday, but the patch failed to apply against the latest prepatch
for the kernel.  I was going to resubmit it today, but I guess not.

If it passed a test, then this test us unapropriate to verify things.

If you find bugs by "close looking" there are bugs regardless of the results
of a so called "test".
Paul, I would submit the patch when 2.6.7 comes out unless Joerg shows you a problem with your patch. If the problem doesn't show up in testing or normal use, then by definition it's not a problem, it's a pedantic exercise.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc