Re: growisofs - partial track ?

When trying to copy my RedHat 9 installation DVD using:
     "growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/scd0=rh9dvd.iso"
(using dvd+rw-tools-5.19-1.4.9.7.tar.gz on stock RedHat 9 system)

I've noticed that mediainfo reports
"Track State:           partial" on the copied DVD,
but indicates Track state complete on the original.
(Both MediaInfo reports are included below).

Original is DVD-ROM and copy is DVD+R. It's OK to observe "partial" tracks on DVD+R and it doesn't affect playability. The thing is that status bits printed by dvd+rw-mediainfo are interpreted according to DVD-R[W] track state table and it's aparently half-bogus in DVD+R context [there is no any special table for DVD+R and closed DVD+R tracks were never observed to be "complete" as specified in DVD-R[W] table].

Could someone point me to information on how to obtain
a completed track with growisofs (or a hint as to what I
might be doing wrong) ?

You did nothing wrong (as far as I can see). You most likely indirectly refer to your previous "unreadable in ThinkPad" post. It's most likely "Book Type" issue as discussed on dvd+rw-tools page. See if media in playable in other DVD-ROM units. In either case, as your unit doesn't support Book Type manipulation (not with official firmware), switching to DVD-R migt be an option.

The rh9dvd.iso file was created with the command
"dd if=/dev/scd0 of=rh9dvd.iso bs=2K count =1797878"
My searches have arrived at several messages that
indicate the "dd" is an appropriate method.  Is this
a faulty conclusion ???

No, it's not. Image should be fine. Even the fact that DVD+R copy is slightly larger is perfectly expected, as it's *always* rounded up to 32KB. A.