Re: extension of mkisofs for incremental backups

Joerg Schilling wrote:

From: Patrick Ohly <Patrick.Ohly@gmx.de>

The patch to the man page indserts things disordered

Where would you like me to insert the description of
the new options?

A while ago, I did try to have the options in alphabetical order.
This seems to be the best when a command as soooo many options.

The alternative would be to group them by function, such as putting things which affect the device (dev=, speed=, burnfree, etc) in one group, things which affect format (-D -R -N, etc) in another, things which affect how the content is scanned (-f, etc), information visibility (various -hide and -hidden options), and rename options (-graft-points, etc).

Functional grouping makes it faster to find things if you are looking for "a way to keep long filenames" or something like that, alphabetical is easier if you know the option and want to check what it does.

Both have advantages, this is just a comment and not a complaint.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time