Re: problems with growisofs (?)

> I am making backups to a DVD+RW using growisofs (latest: 5.17.4.8.6)
> on a NEC-1300A (1.05) (on Linux).
> Usually it runs without problems for a while but sometimes it doesn't.

Do you mean it *completes* recordings most of the time and sometimes
fails to complete one? All this is it with same media brand?

> After this I can't even mount the dvd unless I reboot or open the
> dvd manually.

Utterly strange, sounds more like deficient hardware... If upgrading
firmware doesn't help, I'd suggest to try to replace the unit...

> INQUIRY:                [_NEC    ][DVD_RW ND-1300A ][1.05]
                                                       ^^^^ There is
newer firmware avaiable, 1.08 and even 1.09 were observed...

> Media ID:              RICOHJPN/W11
                                  ^^^ It's first time I see /W11, yet
another reason to upgrade firmware... A.